View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: *Official* Party Million Guaranteed Sunday

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how some of these guys can continue to go deep in these humongous fields. Jacksup is still in and has a big stack. And with what Brainwash did last weekend, I don't get it.

colson10

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that "some of these guys " is a pretty large group. That is given 50 (100? more?) "online names" the odds of these happening are not that amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've considered this of course. I guess what I find most interesting about these players (Jacksup, Brainwash and even guys like Pickled Egg and a couple others) is that they don't play the regular schedule of online tournaments. I almost strictly play MTT's these days, so I'm playing with all the pros nearly every day. There's a lot of these guys that are absolutely awsome (Bax, SamEnole, Gank, etc) and kill the MTTs on a regular basis. However, these guys (and not just the great players I mentioned) haven't performed that well, as far as I know, in the bigger tournaments. It's these players such as Jacksup and Brainwash, who don't play that many online MTTs, that have had the most success in the big ones. Are these guys better than Bax et al.? This is hard for me to imagine. Or have they just happened to run better in the bigger events? I'm not sure, but I was already wondering about this before this week, and after Brainwash's stars final table, and Jacksup's two party FT's...

colson10