View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Could you fold FH on the river?

Good point Clark,

My thinking was as follows:

UTG led into most of the field on the flop and then just called my flop raise. He can't have a set, he'd have raised preflop (or reraised my preflop raise) with KK or TT. He's a half decent player so I can only assume he'll play straightforward with this many players on a single suited flop. He probably has two pair, top pair or a high [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]. He'd have reraised with a flush. If he's got a high [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] you'd think it was the A although he could have Qx J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] or K/T x J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img].

The same logic applies to the UTG+1.

Now looking at my screen I thought that it was most likely the UTG had the A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] . UTG+1 would raise on the river without the nuts but I just get a feeling that he can beat a flush and if so he beats me.

I placed the cursor over the fold button and wanted to press it. I felt I was beat but what's the old adage about good folds on the river. I called.

Thinking afterwards, the key thing about this hand is that the four flush on the board was all made up of cards 8 and above. If the board had been J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] I think I have an easy call to the raise and would reraise but given that the UTG and UTG+1 although a little loose are still selective in early position, regardless of the result, a fold could be in order.