View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 03:52 AM

Default 50 NL, top pair against crazy lag

Bit of background here, I am only playing 1 table at this point and my reads are pretty damn good at this point. I am playing very taggish, but have been aggro with villan. I am also running PT gametime in the background things go as follows:

BB has a vpip of 57 over 100 hands, he is pre flop raising nearly 30% of his hands. THe pre flop raise in this hand is no surprise in fact I expected it from him. PT classifies him as a tasmanian devil using auto rate rules.
MP1, is classified as X-loose and his vpip is about 79, he calls every raise pre flop once he is in the hand.

BB is is opening 50% of the time from the button, subsequently I have been repopping him with any ace. He generally folds, the one time he didn't I made the nuts on the turn and stacked him (he had top pair, which he did not make until the turn, because he had called with a gutshot). BB has lost about 3 pots in the row and is tilting, he has trouble getting away from any pocket pair regardless of its relation to the board. He recently played a pot with with the horrible MP1, that went like this:

Villan opens from CO with 66, MP1 (who was BB at the time) calls.

Given this read, does this river call seem appropriate.

Flop comes K 8 4, BB checks, CO checks,
Turn comes 10, BB checks, CO 2/3 pots, BB calls
RIver comes 2, BB checks, CO 2/3 pots, BB calls with 89o, CO shows 66

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($99.53)
CO ($32.65)
Button ($29)
SB ($46.43)
BB ($111.15)
Hero ($157.68)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, [color=#CC3333]BB raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50, Button folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($10) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets $9</font>, MP folds, BB calls $9.

Turn: ($28) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($28) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20.

Final Pot: $68