View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: The one thing that I can\'t control

Brutally honest self assessment would be very beneficial here. There is obviously something different about the way you are interacting with your environment, and recognizing this before you play could help your overall results. I don't feel you are just being results oriented, so finding other clues to help you determine whether you're totally in the game and focused will help your overall ROI. If you play continuously, maybe playing in sets and taking 20-30 minutes at the beginning of the day analyzing your play in that set may give you clues to not only how you're playing on that particular day, but things that separate when you are playing with the feel and when you're not. And remember, it's not just poker. Everything going on in your life (stress, joy, etc) will affect how you play. Try developing a routine that will clear your head, get you going, and focus (sports, exercise, yoga, whatever). Give it a try, it may work. If not, you can come back and tell me I'm full of [censored] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].