View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: 2 $100NL hands for review, thanks

Hand 1, you are very very very likely to be ahead. I can't remember seeing a single time that someone overbet that much on the flop with a strong hand. On the river, sure. But not on the flop. On the flop, people want to get action from their monsters. If the guy bet half pot, you raised, and he pushed, I would be more likely to make the heroic laydown. With him just going nuts like this, I can't see you being behind. But I'm torn between pushing and calling. If you push, it is unlikely that he will make a mistake, but there are people who will call a push here with an ace. You said he's not notably bad, though, so I think I like a call. Then get it all in on the turn. Hopefully he fires again on a turn blank and you can easily push.

Hand 2, check/raise river. Hope he calls with a high club. If he has a hand to call the river with, he has a hand to bet. I don't think there are many hands that call on the river, but don't bet. And he may take a stab at it with a hand that he wouldn't call with. And he may have a hand to call a c/r with, so it seems like the obvious river play to me.