View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagion 5 Diamond

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think her line, especially given the image she had, was really great. Perhaps she too was setting the stage for a play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, I was thinking about this as well. I think if she checks behind on the flop, it looks like she has a showdown hand that is looking to get to showdown cheap or a monster. Either way, it is difficult for Gig to bluff in that situation. If she bets too big, it may look like she is committed tothe hand and again it would be too expensive for Gig to play back at.

I love her smallish flop size bet. It looks like it could very easily be a tester bet to see if her hand is good and obviously gives Gigabet an opportunity to play back at her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it worked, but I think a 1/3 pot bet after reraising preflop looks strange. I would probably bet 1/2 pot or slightly more to make it look like she was trying to take the pot with a continuation bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

She made what looks like a probe bet, it is difficult to fold to a probe bet, she was certainly expecting a raise. She could have Qs or Js. It is difficult to put her on AK there, the bet is smalish for that. But it is also difficult to draw to conclusions without being at the table and without knowing what Gigabet knew about her.

If he raises on the flop, I can imagine she could shove with AK, fold anything weaker or obviously call the raise with what she has.

But it wasn't the line Gigabet had in mind. Wasn't Gigabet just unlucky that she hold the near nuts? Or was it a really bad spot to try to make that kind of player put money in a pot planning to bluff her out on the river? The deuce was certainly not the card he was expecting for that? Shouldn't he have abort when the turn comes a brick?

I don't think that someone tight can fold AA or AK here or can put more money with QQ's or JJ's? Of course it is very easy to say that know. Gigabet seems to have the read that she can, right?