View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: I don\'t want to be average

I feel like a lot of what you are saying mirrors what I am feeling.

[ QUOTE ]
I want to be making 3BB/100 and I want to feel very comfortable when I move to 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5/10 game does seem crushable, given the selection of players that are on a typical target table. However, I don't think that many people stay that long at 5/10 to find out if they crush this level. For those the run well, or truly destroy the competition, it is a quick move up to 10/20. From my memory, most posters who have since moved up have overall win rates between 1 and 2, so you must be doing many things right. Maybe you just need the increased competition that you would find at a higher level to bring out the best in you? I do agree that it is important from a confidence level to feel like you are crushing a level before moving up.

I don't really have any good advice since I don't fit into the 'crushing' category, but here are some random thougts. I can't imagine that there is any better learning tool than this forum. I am trying to focus on posting here more and reading opponents better - varying my play and trusting reads. I also find it helpful to read a book or forum about a different game then the one I am currently playing. Right now I am reading HOH I and II although 90% of my hands are in 6-max. For whatever reason it keeps things fresh, and I think it helps on the tables.

FWIW, I have read several of your recent posts and I think that your advice is spot on. Maybe you need to get a little out of your comfort zone and take a few stabs at some soft 10/20 tables? Maybe also try a switch in games for a while. Play 100 SNGs and then come back to 6-max. Chances are there will be something that carries over between them to improve your overall game.