View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Are winning players really a bunch of wussy\'s or just smart?

What is wussy about playing online poker? At the level I play at (10/20 shorthanded LHE), it's not easy, it is a challenge. Sure some players are decent and some are worse than decent, but some of them are extremely good. You get put to the test a lot and you have to put other players to the test in order to be successful. I find it both mentally challenging and and a good source of money.

If I have to choose between two tables, I will choose the one where I think I will make the most money per hour. That doesn't mean it's going to be easy. Even against very bad players, there are marginal decisions all the time. Playing poker extremely well is simply not easy, because there are very frequently situations where the right decision is right only by a very small margin. Playing winning poker at a particular level may be easy, but really trying to make the best decisions possible as often as possible is a very challenging task, even if you are playing $.50/$1.00. Let that be your challenge.