Thread: Turn Raise
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Turn Raise

I think the turn raise is OK but it's -EV against this player. I don't know how he plays but I noticed that most players from 5/10 and 10/20 tends to call pretty loose on the flop, meaning they're willing to call down with second pair majority of the time when it's heads up. The only players who you can really bluff against are someone who's showing quality hands at showdowns(tight, thinking players).

I'm not too crazy about the turn raise either because I don't see him folding anything here. It's not really a semi-bluff if he's not willing to fold. He raised you on the flop meaning he probably hit something worth raising. If the turn card was a overcard diamond then a semi-bluff raise would work better. If the pot has less than 5BBs on the turn instead of raising I'll go ahead and just call and hope that I hit my draw. No point of protecting a hand with such a small pot against a loose player.

If he calls(which he will) I would go ahead and take the free showdown. It's clear once he calls the turn raise that he has a hand which he's willing to call to the river.