View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: 5/10 I (sorta) make my hand on the turn

A lot of posters seem pretty convinced the c/raise all in on turn accomplishes the opposite of what a bet is supposed to do--it makes worse hands fold and better hands call.

I'm not convinced, at least not completely. What are our reads here? No one on this thread has come up with a read yet. Villain raises from position with one limper and so can have range of hands. When he calls check-raise on flop, what do we have him on?

I think the key to the hand is on the turn. What does villain fire with? I think AK, possibly with K of hearts, is a possibilty. Hero's hand could have A-hearts, but could easily be 66-TT. DO we think Villain would bet turn with Kx Kh? Qx Qh? How about just AK-AJ? How about a weird hand like Qd Kh just trying to represent an A?

All that said, what's wrong with the check-shove on turn? Can't Ad Ks make a tight fold here? And can Kd Kh make a loose call? Is that just hoping?

A check-call is interesting, but what is your plan on the river? If the heart comes, you probably dont get action from Ad Ks, you defitely dont from AJ, and if it doesnt you probably have no chance of making Ad Ks fold. If it comes, you might get paid off by Kd Kh, but if it doesnt I dont think you get a call from that hand, likewise with Qx Qh, whereas both might make a loose call on river. So is there value in check-shove? Am I way off the mark with my analysis here?

Lemme know.