View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: $55\'s... I wrote the book on FPS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These are much more relevant IMO, but this is all relative to how often I think I'm up against these players and how much value I think I get when I'm not. Which is I guess part of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, you are often against A,Q; K,Q; or a flush draw in this situation. Hell at the 55s I still see donks who will raise and call a pf re-raise with Q,9 soooted. With this in mind, I think you needed to re-raise the turn. If villian was betting his draw you will not get paid off on the river when he misses. If he folded then you can see how the turn raise would have helped you. If called then my guess is he would have also called a turn push. Imo the turn was played incorrectly. This is just my thougt though.

So what happened, did he call? If so, what did he have? My guess is K,Q

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this thread isn't generating a whole lot of discussion, which is too bad because I thought this was a very interesting hand. Anyways he called the river with 99. I think he has hands like this, and plays them like this way more than you guys think. Why wouldn't he lead second pair on the turn? The river call is bad, but so are the players in this game, that's why I like this line. Anyways this shouldn't kill the discussion, if anything it'll probably help it actually.