View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: $55\'s... I wrote the book on FPS

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it is that unusual, but I bet the flop and barring that, raise the turn. I would think you usually take a more aggressive (less risky) line. Are you experimenting or is there some read involved? Or am I wrong about your usual line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, yeah I usually play pretty aggressively in general but this wasn't like a concious idea to experiment. I am trying to think less about what I "should" do and more on how the situation feels. That doesn't mean this is right necessarily, but that has been my thought process recently.

Here I'm thinking I'm ahead almost always on the flop. If he has QQ it'll be failry easy for me to find out and lose a relatively small amount (because people always weak bet top set), but this isn't really the reasoning behind my play, just a nice biproduct.

On the flop he's drawing to 2 - 5 outs, except for the very rare instance he has AKdd or maybe a weaker suited A of diamonds. I've touched on this before, but I'm not terribly worried about flush draws, because they make up such a small portion of his range and stacks are so shallow. So if he has a Q and I check the flop I stack him almost every time. I stack him alot without checking, but I definitely do if I check it through. But by checking I let him think his TT or JJ is good or convince him to take a shot with his AK. I just call on the turn because I don't want to blow him off one of these hands when he's likely to bet again or call a value bet on the end. He's still drawing extremely thin, and alot of the cards he is drawing to will be relatively obvious if he hits (A or Q). So I think by checking the flop I get a bet on the turn, and by just calling the turn I pick up a bet or a call on the river sometimes.

These are my thoughts.