View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: People who still grind out Interpoker Bonuses!!!

I can't for the life of me figure out how some people say Pontoon is a better game and/or has a lower house edge.

A "Pontoon Natural" (aka BJ natural in BJ - 21 pat) happens more in Pontoon seemingly, and I see more dealer busts in BJ.

In BJ, I know my 17 has a good chance of being ok, and 18 even better, 19 I'm virtually assured, 20 is like pocket aces.

In Pontoon, my 17, 18, 19, 20 are all hanging by a thread because the dealer wins ties ... perhaps the bitterest part of the 'pontoon pill' to swallow for my money, so unfair.

Also I liken Pontoon to Hold'em and BJ to Stud.

In BJ you can sort of gauge your opponents hand like Stud and know where you stand relatively ... in Pontoon you have no idea whether the dealer is sitting on a pat 20 or a 5, and unlike a single deck game where you can guestimate how many of x are left, multi-deck you have no chance. (although even if it was single deck in pontoon there is still 20 T's to be accounted for)

+ I can't figure out why Pontoon is so much more financially better in the payoff. Fair enough it pays 2-1 wheras BJ only pays 1.5-1, but when you factor in all the times you 'push' with the dealer in BJ that you LOSE in pontoon, that 2-1 suddenly can't look so good right?

I'm a dunce at Maths, maybe Pontoon is the best thing since sliced bread, and I've only played two sessions of it, the larger one I one, the smaller one I lost the whole bonus, so I don't have the experience to make a hard decision, but from my BJ experience it does seem like the extra info in BJ + the push factor is more attractive ... I emplore anyone to correct me if I am wrong and thankyou in advance.

Cheers,
SDM