View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:35 AM

Default When a table runs bad, what do you do?

Variance is a bitch. But I was curious what everyone else does when it hits a particular table that you are playing on HARD or a particular session, all tables HARD.

Lets say X table has a nice number of fish and some average players. The fish and average players suddenly start hitting hands on you. Makeing their guts, flushes, 2 pair, trips on the turn or river. They do this 3 of 4 hands your playing. Seems like everytime you see the turn someone is raising. Your aces and kings get cracked on the river 3, 4, 5 times in a row. Comes to a point that you start feeling "they can't all being drawing out on me ALL THE TIME!?!" and you start getting frustrated. You lose hand after hand dropping $150 in 1/2 hour at 3/6.

When you get there what do you all do?

I move tables. I don't care what the players are. Call it bad table mojo, the random number generator is seeding my hands predictably, biorythum is off, stars are misaligned for your sign, the other players have packets of 4 leaf clovers... whatever. I move. If I get beat for 50 BB or start getting frustrated I quit for the night.

I hear some say they play though it but I can't see how when the varicance piles on that bad, players will soon try to be tricky and bluff, you CAN'T bluff because they are thinking your unlucky or bad, and you are frustrated.