View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Super Tuesday Final Table Hand vs. Chip Leader

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my two cents.

Preflop against the chip leaders blind, esp. an aggressive one,
if I play this hand, which I probably would I open push. If you open raise conventionally he will call with a lot of hands and you'll whiff most times and it's easy for you to be outplayed from the flop.

Given the way you played the hand with his small flop bet I
either fold or I push. I don't like calling. It appears weak and with your chip stack if he has anything a turn bet will not move him. By pushing you have a fair amount of FE,
so take advantage of it.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the raise. What do you do if you are reraised? With 2 big stacks in the blinds, you are unlikely to steal the blinds with a small raise.

Preflop, a push is borderline with 12xBB no ante into 5 players. I think the push is probably slightly chip EV+. I wouldn't necessarily fold preflop. Pushing or limping may be better, but I don't like the raise.

When the tournament leader calls in the BB and makes a weak lead, easy push. He might play that way with anything. You are getting 1.7-1 pot odds and you are a 2.3-1 dog to a pair. You probably have a lot of folding equity, so push.

I don't think flat calling is that bad. Villain made a small bet, so you can call and draw to your 7 outs, 4 of them nut outs. I wouldn't fold.