View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Default T-Mobile is Evil. What\'s the best move here?

My gf talked a friend of hers into signing up for T-Mobile, as she was told through a rep that through some sort of Verizon-like "friends and family" promotion, they'd be able to talk for free.

Nuh-uh. Apparently that's a DIFFERENT package than the one she was told she needed to sign up for. And so she's stuck with a $300 bill, and she can't even cancel easily as she's got a few months left on her 1-year contract.

She tried explaining this to customer service -- it goes without saying that they were assholes. She asked to talk to the rep's supervisor . . . he sounded like he was about 12 years old. And as I now surf the web looking for other complaints about T-Mobile, I see there are a bunch (e.g., check out t-mobile-sucks.ws). This is not an isolated incident.

So what's the best move here? Just not pay the bill, change carriers, not pay the cancellation fee, and . . . ? There has to be some way to challenge these charges outside of T-Mobile, correct? We don't mind getting into a minor legal hassle here against these dumbfucks if need be.

Or are we just plain screwed?

PS At the very least, I'll gain some comfort in knowing that perhaps with this post I'll convince at least a handful of people never to sign up with these bastards. Amazing I'd never heard about how bad these guys are at customer service.