View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: ATs in BB. 3 bet, call/lead or check/raise? $2 $4

One risk you're taking here is that Button may be raising the field with a hand like 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which case it's possible he'll take a free card on the turn.

However, I remember that when I regularly played 2/4, I eventually stopped worrying about free-card raises, since no one ever seemed to take the free card. (People who raised the flop with a draw could generally be counted on to fire with it again on the turn.) If you're confident Button will bet on the turn, your plan seems all right to me.

Another reason I kind of want to 3-bet the flop, though, is that you wouldn't think that on this board your hand, if best, would be up against very many outs (unless someone has a flush draw). But from the sounds of it, it's entirely possible that 43o and 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are out there. And, based on your description of Button, it sounds like it's entirely possible that what he's raising with is a hand like pocket 9's.