View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Dating someone bi-polar

[ QUOTE ]

Almost exactly what I endured for two years. She accused me of cheating on her with every woman I knew (including the mother of one of my chess students.) Of course, she could hang out with any guy she wanted. She would switch moods on a dime - all happy and lovey-dovey, then BAM I'm stupid she's stupid the whole world is stupid I think I'll kill myself. Constant guilt trips. Sometimes I got scared because something would set her off and she'd start hitting herself on the head. Of course, she also had relationship issues...can't imagine why.

The hard part was she could shape up just enough to keep me interested...promises of change and whatever. Never happened - actually it got worse. Eventually I realized it was only worth it so I can appreciate sane girls.

EDIT:Just saw the raising kids part. I dated another girl who was clinically depressed, and one day we were talking about the woman who drowned her kids in the tub. She told me that she could see herself doing that. Scared the S@#$ out of me. Too bad, she's a pretty and otherwise fun girl...although we'd have to break plans a lot because she was having an episode.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding. I was talking to a female friend of mine at a party once and my bipolar gf came over and started yelling making a huge scene saying I was about to go cheat on her with that girl--nevermind the fact that my gf was obviously right there and my friend's bf was right there, too. Everyone there stopped whatever they were doing and just stared at the four of us (the bf of course came over interested to know who this guy who was supposedly going to hook up with his gf was). That was a lovely scene, and only one of about a million just crazy episodes in a real f'ed up relationship--I could literally give a dozen more, but I really don't even like remembering all of them.

Of course I'd want to leave her but then it was, "oh I"m sorry, I screwed up, I won't do it again, I'm trying, please don't leave wah wah" and of course she was hot enough and absolutely dynamite in bed, so I was the sucker who kept going back for more.

I'm still getting over the emotional damage from that relationship, and it's nearly three years later.

Not to discourage you or anything, OP, but you deserve to know the truth.