View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: A6o TPTK vs tag oop

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everybody,

Check folding this flop is probably not correct because there are too many hands that you are drawing live against to fold. The main issue in reading this player is if he would cap the flop without a diamond. I think he would almost certainly cap it with a set and if he limped in with a big hand like AA-TT, he may be trying to overcompensate his missed preflop raise by putting in excess action postflop. Simply put, the pot is decent sized (6.16 bb's if villian bets), and your diamond outs could be good, as well as your two pair/trip outs.

You should check and call this turn and see what falls on the river, which will probably consist of betting out any diamond, ace or six and check folding offsuit blanks.

I haven't worked out the math here versus a probable range of hands, but I suspect calling the turn is a lot closer (if not +EV) then the rest of you think.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Kailia

[/ QUOTE ]

What are villain's probable range of hands? A 15/8 who is capping this flop after limping early position preflop seems to most likely have a set, overpair, or a flush draw (which hit on the turn)... or am I missing sometihng?