View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: $200 NL 6max flush draw and overs

[ QUOTE ]
And a push by hero doesn't look like a flush draw? (who actually pushes over cards? which is the next likely hand that hero might hold after raising preflop)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero didn't raise PF.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, this is very read dependent and i don't think you should jump to the conclusion about his folding% when you don't know what villains range of hand to 3 bet is with.
what do you put him on?

you know against a set villain is 68:32
against a straight villian is 60:40
against 2 pair villian is ahead 57:42.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two pair is incredibly unlikely. I would say villain's hand range is (in order of likelihood) set, overpair, straight, two suited high diamonds (K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]).

In my opinion set and overpair are a close 1 and 2 though.

[ QUOTE ]
There would be practically no folding equity against those hands do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion there is little folding equity given any of villians hand based on the range I just layed out. That little % is enough for me to play a coinflip with him.

[ QUOTE ]
When you guys say you'll fold instantly to a half pot bet when another diamond comes when you hold a set or straight, or when a 4 lands and you have a set every time is not being realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the size of the pot and the depth of the stacks I may or not fold. If you are putting your money in with bottom set on a 2 3 4 5 board with 2 diamonds you are most likely losing money.

The problem is you are trying to play this hand in a vaccum. Taking flips like this make things a whole lot easier for you in the future when you have big hands versus thinking opponents. If you play like a cookie cutter you will continue to eat small cookies.