View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Got hammered, lost 600 and my mom paid me back!

ok, my drunken vegas story. This was just last month when my wife surprised me with a trip for my birthday. Now, I played a little poker (got 2nd in a $100 plaza midnight tourney), but this was mainly time with the wife, and we play cheap blackjack and get ripped.

We had a hard time finding $3 blackjack, even downtown, but finally found a new dive: The Golden Gate. Hung out there every nite.

One dude was Ray, from San Diego. Great guy (we get to know everybody). Best dealer was deaf jeff. He rocked. Anyway, we did horrible at blackjack, but Ray was a star. He won every nite, the pit loved him (they liked us to). Anway, this guy only drank catpain morgan and coke. The last nite, frustrated at losing again (i don't mind losing, but give me ONE winning session on a trip, that's all I ask), with Ray winning again, and I'm already hammered. I have like $50 gambling money left for the day, and I said "screw it, bring me a captain and coke. Ray, I am merely a sprout in the shadow of your greatness" or some such crap.

I proceed to have about 11 captain and cokes and win $350. Also, I decided on this instance, that I would NEVER hit a 16 again. It was just pissing me off to bust and the % edge you gain is tiny, so I just stopped doing it. Every time I would win and hand and my wife (who was still losing) would glare at me, I would click my glass with Ray and loudly declare "it's all about the captain". Plus, they were damn tasty.

To top it all off, I had the hangover to end all hangover's the next day and we get up early to get to McCarran only to find our flight has been delayed SIX HOURS. Forgetting to call and check was my bad beat for the trip....