View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Problem with Pacific - connection issues

Ok, I know if you have ever played at Pacific that you have dealt with connection issues. I deal with them because the level of play at Pacific is horrendous and I make decent money there. Anyways, I have never really had a problem until yesterday.

I was playing a 50+3 heads-up match and immediately after I joined the tournament I was disconnected. You start with 1000 chips and by the time I was re-connected I was down to 135 and just went all-in out of frustration and lost.

I wrote down the tourney # and emailed their support and asked for a refund. They emailed back and said that the connection problems were an issue on my side and not theirs because my opponent was connected during the tourney and I was not. Obviously, because of this, they said they wouldn't refund my money.

Well, I just emailed them back and told them I was not happy at all about their response and told them I would never play there again if I don't get a refund.

Anyways, I guess I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else? It seems to me that a normal business would refund my money even if it was my fault because obviously I didn't get what I paid for.

Thoughts???