View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Floorman ruling - you make the call

First off, the most obviously glaring problem here is that where the heck does this dealer put his burn cards? They SHOULD be tucked under the pot. Why was he counting the muck? Burn cards don't belong THERE.

Next, let's go one step further. There's one word, and one word only that should be uttered by the dealer in this situation...

Floor!!

There is no correcting the mistake, it's CALL THE FLOOR as the proper action. There is no leeway on this point.

Next I see another significant problem. Why was everybody but the dealer explaining what happened to the floor? First things first, the floor asks the DEALER what happened. ONLY if the dealer cannot offer a proper explanation should the floor be concerned with what the rest of the table has to say.

As for your action, here we are treading a thin line between significant action and the fact you were acting on an improperly dealt card. Sheesh! Did you guys dream this thing up just to torture the unfortunate floorguy that night? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I don't fault the floor for the decision they made. I have split the pot twice that I can recall, and each time it was in a situation where there were so many conflicting rules, concepts, principles, philosophies, and stories, compounded by major dealer error, that it was just too much of a beee-atch to figure it all out.

BTW, someone kick this dealer in the nuts for me.

al