View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Is the squeeze play getting overused now?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly think the squeeze play was misapplied here. You have no read on EP+1 yet you're still willing to squeezing him? In HOH, he makes it very clear why he made the play he did. He knew Farha was opening with marginal hands...which is the case in your situation, and he knew Lester was calling with marginal hands, which you didn't. Maybe he is the type of player who is smooth calling a monster hoping to exactly the play you were looking for. I believe TJ calls it playing the hand "2nd hand low". It's essentially a counter to the squeeze play and if I've got Aces or Kings I'm going to smooth call a lot more often now, because so many people see the squeeze play as + EV. If I'm going to make a squeeze play, I have to have 95% confidence it's going to work. I need to see a fair amount of action at the table before I'm willing to put all of my chips in play for what is essentially a complete bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. he was right. Harrington was talking abot his 62o bluff. ur talking about when he had KK and it looked like a squeeze and Lester thought it was a squeeze, which is why he stuck around with 77 (a play which people saw as questionable)