View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Calling with any two cards

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i usually play any two always unless the BB is super aggro, but i dont know if its right

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is correct to call with any two, no matter how many people are in. The more people are in the better your pot odds, and the less people are in the higher the chance you have of winning the pot which makes up for the lower pot odds. And like you said newhizzle, the one exception to this strategy is when the BB is very aggressive. I have no hard data to back this up, but that is how I approach this situation in a 2-3 structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do, I don't think you can call and fold unless its a timid player. If I make a call with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the BB raises in a HU pot, I call. I know the value is not there given that I can't beat a random hand, but I think not contesting this pot puts you in a precarious situation on future pots. Flame me, but I have called with 72s before and been raised HU and contested the pot. BB had AQ and I made a pair of dueces on the flop and I was basically called a moron for it, but I don't see how completing and laying down is good poker against an aggressive opponent.