View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: hand from stars 500

I read it as a bluff. Either that or he flopped trips/fullhouse/quads. Checking behind the flop and raising the turn is not consistent with an overpair.

I really doubt he checks behind the flop with an overpair. Why would he not give you a chance to see where you're at with a small pp or c/r with air or whatever. The only reason to check behind the flop is to play a smaller pot in case you somehow flopped trips on him. But if this is his plan then raising the turn doesn't follow through with that. If controlling the pot size was his main concern then he'd just call the turn and probably just call or bet when checked to on the river.

It's possible he flopped a monster and slow played you. I'm sure his range is huge for opening from the CO, so he can have hands with 3s in them. I still think it's more likely that he puts you on a hand less than trips and figures you can't call.

And Steve, I've noticed you have had some success at tournaments. Please stick to tearing up the ring games. Thanks.