View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: PL200 6max hand - Flop and Turn decisions

Well, your course of action is pretty standard. You have a good wrap against a pretty obvious AA (in my opinion) and a random hand.

The only other way to play it is to reraise the checkraiser, to push out Villain B who may have some outs to chop, and is possibly dumb enough to play anyway, even for the huge raise he is facing. Villain A will call your reraise if he has the AA and probably fold in the rare situations where he has the AJ, which is +ev for you since you are virtually 50-50 against AJ (and pick up 50% of the pot more than your share) and 45-55 against AA.

NOTE: After running some numbers, it seems that if Villain B has something like T q xx or t9xx it can make calling slightly -ev, down to 25% pot equity, which also pushes me toward raising. Also, if the turn doesnt bring a club, your EV decreases by 15-20 percent which could be an issue if villain A had more money.

Of course, if you just call, the turn may pair the board and you can fold without losing any more money.

In the end, I think both choices are correct it's just a matter of how much gamble you have in you. All of Villain A's chips are going in the pot with AA no matter what you do I think since he will have 10 outs on the turn (maybe more to chop) and it pretty pot committed.

Maybe someone else has some differing opinons.