View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: what are the cons of going through temp agencies?

[ QUOTE ]
I've done Temp agencies and never again. I don't recommend them.

There's a reason why the job is a temp. And in my opinion, 99 % of the time, the job is going to stay temporary because the position doesn't require someone there all the time, 365 days/year. I got a job once and freaking every week was wondering when the company would hire me on full time so I could get benefits. I was jumping through hoops for the guy in charge but it didn't matter. Not sure where you are at but in my opinion,

I'd rather be working at Mcdonald's 30hrs/week PLANNING for something better like starting my own business or something like that than trying to get into a really nice company so you can eventually meet people you hate and start hating the job you have to show up to everyday.

I work for myself now. I don't make a ton of dough right now but I have plans and I'm happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

Plus, the regular employees where you are working generally treat the temps like ish.

And the part of this that drives me crazy is the regulars are usually complete morons, but still maintain an some form of elietism over the temps, not a fun situation, unless you like wanting to punch someone.