View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: BB special from PR 50K

[ QUOTE ]
Thats technically not a bb special since you are in the sb. I don't know the buyin either, if its a low buy in, I wouldn't be suprised to see seat 1 just trying to steal a pot with air occasionally, but the higher the buyin, the more likely you are beat. Low 2 pair is a hand that can very easily be counterfieted, and I think I could get away from this raise.

You should have never called in the sb with that hand though, so fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a 30$ rebuy, so buy in was somewhere in the 30-150$ range for most people.

Here is my problem with just a simple 'high buy-in...fold' analysis.

1.) you are assuming that as the buy-in goes up, the skill level goes up.

-So, you assume a higher skill level, you are taking hands like Q7, out of the open limp from EP playbook.

So the 'better' you assume a player is, the smaller the range of hands that he could realistically have that beat me is as well.

Do you think that a 'good' (which often just means pretty tight) player would think that AQ is good here? KK? AA?

If you arent playing bottom 2 pair pretty strong, you are just playing too passive, IMO.

As for the call 5-1 on a call, with a real chance that EP is trying to trap with a monster and everyone around 50xBB, I will call with absolutely any 2 cards there. I actually want to be up against Aces or Kings before the hand starts. I am not putting in another Dime without 2 pair or better. I may have an opponent who is willing to dump quite a few chips with an overpair, TPTK, etc. I plan to lose 100 chips 90% of the time, but win more than 1000 when I hit.