Thread: God article
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: God article

If you were the Son of God it would be perfectly sane to say so.

"It's true that people with phsycological dificulties will often claim to be somebody that their not.", "However, psychologists don't just look at what a person says. They'll go much deeper than that. They'll look at a persons emotions, because disturbed individuals frequently show innapropriate depression, or they might be vehemently angry, or perhaps they're plagued with anxiety. But look at Jesus, he never displayed inappropriate emotions."
There is much more.

They may have thinking disorders, misperceptions, display unsuitable behaviour. "Jesus didn't show any signs of being out of contact with reality. He spoke clearly, powerfully and eloquently. He was brilliant and had absolutely amazing insights into human nature."

He had many relaionships with people from very different walks of life, and maintained a balance despite his often demanding lifestyle.

The psychologists diagnosis --
"All in all, I just don't see signs that Jesus was suffering from any know mental illness," he concluded, adding with a smile, "he was much healthier than anyone else I know - including me!"
Quoted by Gary R. Colins, PH.D