View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 12:40 PM

Default 2-7 in vegas / cheap blackjack?

I'm going to vegas on the 20th, turning 21 the 21st and staying until the 23rd. I'll be playing mostly low-limit hold 'em (1-2 (possibly nl, depends on my run at limit), 1-3 excalibur, 2-4 at strat), black jack and just seeing the sights and celebrating my birthday. I also intend to play the 9am tourneys at the stratosphere each morning. I'm not bringing a huge bankroll (most likely $400 - $500ish), so I'm looking to have a good time on a manageable budget.

However, I enjoy 2-7 and where I live (Georgia) I can never find anyone willing to play it live (stupid college kids addicted to hold 'em...); I'm sure it's spread somewhere in vegas, but in going off of www.allvegaspoker.com as a guide I haven't seen a listing yet of where I can find it.

So, anyone know where it's spread? I imagine that anywhere it is spread is outside of my bankroll, but I'd like to play it live at least for a little while.

Feel free to inform me of the best place to play blackjack as well for cheap - I plan to play blackjack for free drinks, and heard slots-a-fun has $1 blackjack, which is what I'm shooting for, but seeing as I'm staying at the Stratosphere, if anyone knows a place that's better I can find $1 blackjack with free drinks please let me know.

Also, anyone who can recommend some solid, low buy-in poker tournaments I'd appreciate it as well. Like I said I plan to play at least one or two 9am stratosphere $25 tourney, so those are around my price range.

edit - i blackjack whore a lot, so I have the chart basically memorized, am I doing myself a disservice by seeking out a $1 bj game? Really I'm just looking for free drinks and the chance to win a little here and there.