View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 11:18 AM

Default How Many Suckouts Do You Make In Your Tourney Wins?

I have always said and firmly believe that even the most seasoned and successful pros, including the WSOP and WPT champs, have at least one suckout in the tourneys that they won. Would care sharing yours?

I am asking this because last night must have been the luckiest in my tourney career - I won a $33 tourney at Party, my second in 3 weeks! However, unlike the first one where my moves were more deliberate, last night was peppered with marginal, and what appeared to my opponents to be devil-may-care raises and all-ins that prevailed over much superior hands. For whatever reasons, i was in a gambling mood and followed my gut feelings contrary to what logical plays dictated and won key hands. Some examples of hands I can recall with vague details:

Hand 1 - First hour, I had only about 650 left and pushed with 88 against 2 limpers who both got me covered. I tripled up against AA and AK on a board of A 8 Q J 8.

Hand 2 - I called a push of a slightly shorter stack with QJo which I know is a no-no and won with 2 pairs against KK.

Hand 3 - I raised in the CO with Ad8d after a limper about same stack as mine who I perceived to be weak-tight. He pushed, I KNEW he had the goods but called anyway. My runner-runner flush against his flopped set of QQ

Hand 4 - Table chip leader, a good, thinking opponent in SB limped and I raised in BB with KJ. She pushed and I called. Board was 10 Q K K 9. She had AKs. Nothing but XXXX from her in the chatbox. I am now the chip leader with 21 players left.

There were a couple more that I cannot recall but these are the glaring ones. I was too excited for the unexpected show of love from the poker gods that I forgot to request for the HH.

Honestly, I cannot even count this as a B- game and not too proud of it. But a win is a win and 4K is good to clean up my plastics for the New Year. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]