View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Stars 50+R Report (LONG)

[ QUOTE ]

First - how did you keep track of all these hands? Did you just have a pen and paper next to you or did you sort through the entire hand history after it was over?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter. You can get Stars to send you the entire history if you go to the Requests menu. I did that and sorted through it.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand # 156 - What was your reasoning for calling all in with Ace-10? Did you feel your opponent was that bad a fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, yeah. He was minraising all the time. Also, he had reason to be pissed at me because I had just beaten him out of a pretty substantial pot. All in all, I felt the lrr was extremely weak and was very confident my AT was the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 167 - Why did you jam all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I didn't like any of my other options. I felt that KQ was too strong to fold against the button raise, and I didn't like calling because postflop would have been really tricky out of position. I figured he could be stealing and that I had some fold equity, so I jammed. Not super-confident it was the right move though.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 222 - What was your reasoning for the raise? Is this a play you pull out regularly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess so. Sometimes you just know that your opponent's bet is a stab at the pot and nothing more. This guy also raised fairly consistently preflop, so his bet smelled of second pair/middle pocket pair type strength, which would have a really hard time calling my raise.

Will