View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Anxiety for First B&M

Thanks for this in depth reply.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Importance of tells:

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't waste your time on this. It is the rare player at low limit holdem games that can pick up on tells. Focus on improving your game skills instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for confirming, although I was referring more to a crash course in revamping read skills rather than making it my long term poker goal .

[ QUOTE ]

Yep, sounds good to me, but remember to consider the overall table atmosphere. A $100 max buyin table full of rebuying donks with lots of chips on the table is better than a $200 max buyin table full of rocks with nothing more than the minimum stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good point. I think there might be a good chance there aren't 100 BB buyins in smaller games so if I'm going to gambooool as shallow stacks dictate it might as well be where I can comfortably rebuy.

[ QUOTE ]

If you're not prepared to go bust then you have no reason sitting down at the game in the first place.

Last night at a live 20/40 game I took my biggest loss ever in terms of raw dollar amount. The game was deliciously retarded, but I kept getting spanked by the table maniac. It was ROUGH. But I expected this to happen at some point, and after I lick my wounds a bit I'll be right back at it, same level. If you can't approach a game with this mindset, don't sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good point. If the table is very bad (in the good way) however, I plan on passing up marginal EV situations so that I don't lose my confidence if I take a hit or two (i.e. 3 bet pushing an OESFD when I think a guy has overpair).