View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Main event Report

hey AJo, congrats on your finish, though I'm sure you were hugely disappointed.

I can't say I had that great of a read on Gazes, but he was playing so many hands because he had a ton of chips right from the start and he was picking up many playable hands, that I got to see him bluff, play mediocre hands, and play the nuts...each multiple times. I thought I picked up a few things in his timing.

I don't know what I think about Vinnie's laydown. At the time I thought it was horrible. While watching the hand I actually thought they were both full of [censored] and they each had so many chips that they could go into these extensive bluffs against each other. The way the hand played out it really felt they both knew the other didn't have anything so they needed to be the one to put in that last raise that "committed" them to the pot and get the other to fold. I guess this was not the case since vinnie actually had a hand. After thinking about it some more I don't think I can have any idea of what was going on. Considering that they have played a lot together I'm sure, including a WPT FT, there's probably too much history between the two for me to really comment on the laydown. But I think it's foolish for Vinnie to reraise if he's planning on folding.

I had played with the JTo guy for about a level or a level and a half. Like I said, he hadn't been played back at much so I wasn't aware that he couldn't fold in this spot. I don't make these kind of moves unless I have a reason to do so. In this case it felt 100% correct at the time based on my image of only showing premium cards, not having played back yet, and the tell I picked up. But I guess you're right, some players are just unwilling to fold in these spots no matter what they have. From what I had seen he didn't seem terrible though, which also made me believe he could fold.

"or maybe you have a monster tell. i spotted it on TV but i won't tell you what it is. i'll let others elaborate"

haha, I'm assuming you're kidding, but not giving off tells is something I'm constantly thinking about and working on. Back in the two EPT events I played I think I must have been a huge tell bag. I was generally nervous and didn't have a set plan of how to look at my cards and raise each time. I kind of got into a groove with it in Deauville, but was moving my hands and chips on a whim for the most part.

I've changed my routine a few times in the past few months and think I've found a good one for me right now.

I don't think I've ever had any problems reading opponents, but giving off tells is something I've always felt I need to work on.

Did you post the results for that Cunningham hand?