View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Negreanu\'s latest blog update...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My main problem with the column is that Negreanu makes way too big a deal of it and made a big mistake by playing the populist angle so big and so badly. If he had just added it quietly "ESPN is now changing from their promised plan to add players they did not say they were going to, in the future this is not good pratice" and didn't overreact, it would be perfectly reasonable.

This is not an outrage. ESPN never signed a contract with the other players, they are not cheating or stealing or anything like that. Saying ESPN lied is going off the deep end. Calm down everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying they lied is going off the deep end?! That's what they did, I'm stating fact. If that's going off the deep end, then you need to evaluate your definition of that phrase. I can understand being annoyed with Danny's reaction, but it's his opinion, just like your incredible lack of integrity (kidding [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). The FACT is that the organizers lied. Whether you think thats okay or not is the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are different types of lying. lying in court saying you didn't see your friend kill that hooker when you know he really did is worse than other lies.

its not really even a lie, because espn did not do it with malicious intent. im sure they didnt make their original policy and say "Haha, we are going to flip this on them and [censored] everyone over out of 500$!!". That distinction is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to make this thread a definition of lying, but by any dictionary, they lied.

I'm not even saying it was malicious. It doesn't seem malicious. It looks like they made a decision that went against the original rules. They went back on their word, or lied. It's not a huge deal, everybody lies. I'm just saying it's okay to be disappointed that they lied.