View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Hmm live AKs hand

This hand took place on the June Vegas trip. There is an important concept here that might not get touched on enough. I hope that it will push conventional micro thinking a bit.

The scene is the Wynn on a Thursday night. The game is not very good but I'm drunk and having a good time. I have not been playing many hands because the cards have been cold. I have also missed a few flops with big cards so I might appear weak at this point. The stakes are 4/8. By "not very good" I mean that play is reasonably tight and passive. I tend to like laggier games better so my perception could be off. I have a read on the villian but I will create a few scenarios here.

Wynn 4/8 Las Vegas (9 handed)

Dealer starts her deal and the first card lands face up...it is the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Hero finds A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG.

We raise and everyone folds to the BB who makes it 3-bets. We call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The big blind bets and we call.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The big blind bets. What is our play when...

A) The villian is a typical ho-hum player (not fishy but not great).

B) The villian is very good. At least as good as you are and views you as an overly tight (maybe weak) TAG.

I have some thoughts here that may or may not be correct. I feel like there is an interesting dynamic here though. Any comments appreciated as always.

Brad