View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Quick question, J5s mike l. style

Pretty nice 40/80 B&M game.

I've been playing tight aggressive, but the guy two seats to my left is starting to grumble about me raising his blinds.

Folded to me on the button, I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB calls, BB folds.

SB is a loose aggressive Vietnamese player, he likes to raise, and he likes to bluff. If he wasn't too loose he might be dangerous.

Anyway:

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I 5-bet....

What do you think of taking it to 5-bets, do I make more here by backing off and letting him lead at me, possible waiting 'til the river to raise. It seems like some of these guys like to get into flop raising wars, so I didn't want to stop the party when I'm 95% certain he doesn't have a jack. I guess my question is if these guys like to push back on a flop like this, should I go to war with him or do I let him take the lead and continue his bluff instead of telling him I like my hand.