View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Phoenix Area Cardrooms

Since not too many have talked about the Fort, I will.

It is about a 20-30 min drive from the 101 and Shea (take Shea to the end and turn left, drive a mile and turn left at the light, easy to get to).

They run a twice daily NL tournament that you want to be playing ring games for a couple hours before to get max starting chips. You want to be on the table by 4pm for the 7pm tournament.

I mostly play the 2-150 spread limit, as close as it gets to NL here. Some weekends it is hard to get a seat as there generally is only 1 table spread until the tournament starts breaking up around 8:30pm, then you will many nights see 2-3 2-150 tables. The table can get a little "off" with the table "captains" giving anyone greif for beating their "better" play, but I like it because it is generally +EV to have someone at the table steaming. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The 3-6 and 4-8 tables are more tight than one might expect generally. Generally 2-5 per unraised pot, fewer in a raised pot. Lots of calling stations, easy money.

The tournament, is fun even if you do not get anywhere. Lots of wannabes, sunglasses, basecaps, unlit smokes and the like. Good 2+2 play will get you deep.

Staff has always been good, fair and reasonable rulings when you need one, which is not too often. Good service, good dealers for the most part.

All of the rooms this weekend should be pretty fishy with the PGA and super bowl. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]