View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 01:22 PM

Default Re Review

while it is said "there are no bad poker books" because they all make you think, i believe there are bad poker books. SS2 is not a bad book, however, the bar was raised by books like small stakes hold em and harrington on hold em. these two books go into great depth on their subject. in SS2's defense it covers too many games to reach that level of depth. therefore, it is only an Ok poker book. you will pick up one or two things, which certainly make the purchase worth it, but as a poker book it leave much to be desired. i am not certain who it is aimed at. in many chapters you need to knopw the game well to understand the deeper meaning that the author implies, in other chapters it seems written for an even less advanced player. again, i would suggest picking it up and reading it, but it can not compare to many other poker books like:
the theory of poker
small stakes hold em
hold em for advanced players
harrington on hold em
middle limit hold em
etc.
the first super system changed the poker world by taking about "power poker" (being aggressive), this will not have the same effect. still as a poker player, i am happy to have it, especially in hard cover.