View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Does anyone actually enjoy New Years Eve?

[ QUOTE ]
New Years Eve is such a crappy holiday. I have no problem with having another excuse to get wasted, but I could really do without all the hype and bullsh1t. It is built up to be the greatest party night ever, but it is always dissapointing. You always have to make "plans" for NYE. God forbid you decide that night what you are doing. Everywhere you go is overpriced and crowded. In most of the country the weather sucks. It seems like everyone I have spoken to recently about NYE feels the same way. Anyone in here actually enjoy New Years Eve more than just a normal weekend night?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the first time since I can remember, I am avoiding my close friends and family for the NYE tradition. It's usually a house party including dinner and lots of drinks, video games/karaoke/taboo/cranium and then the final countdown with confetti in front of the TV. Everyone gets kisses, and then people either eat more, sit down to gamble (poker/majhong) or leave. Overall the best party every year with this group of people (due to the large amount of alcohol available).

My girlfriend and I are going to the coast and avoiding all of this...for the first time in my life I want to get away. I hope to watch fireworks on the beach alone with her and sip some champagne throughout the night. Should be a relaxing 3 day weekend and a very calm way to start out the new year. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]