View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Wacki\'s thread to explain ITER

[ QUOTE ]
NO, that's not what I've been saying. I simply said ed millers description of owners of hybrids being "socially responsible" is a bad way to describe them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of all the options available these days, hybrids are more socially responsible than other transportation options.

This is not a zero sum game. I can buy a hybrid AND lobby my representatives for alternative energy. They are not mutually exclusive.

[ QUOTE ]

As I said before, I prefer cheap clean energy which will be good for the environment, our gross domestic product, and will not impact our lifestyle. Driving a 90 horsepower hybrid is an impact on some peoples lifestyles (those who like sports cars). It's an inconsequential one, but an impact none the less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... maybe you don't understand how a hybrid works. A hybrid is a car with two energy sources, rather than only one source.

A hybrid can be made to acheive any horsepower you wish. Adding additional power sources (battery electric) does not undermine the effectiveness of another (gasoline).

I simply don't understand the threat you perceive in hybrids.