View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: $5.5 Party 3-table FT AKo decision

If I call here I would be expecting to lose... I would probably find some of my outs dead (A weaker ace out along with a pocket pair), so I am a 60/40 dog to ~5 outs on 2.2:1 odds. Calling is favorable by the numbers... HOWEVER...

You could also fold here under Harrington's argument that as a short stack does not push when there is action ahead of them. The biggest action here would be the flat call by the CO. He doesn't have a deep enough stack for his call to be inviting others to swarm the initial raiser... his call (instead of a push) is inviting others in because he has the goods...

As Brunson says in SS, one of the powerful features of AK is it is much easier to get away from when the flop comes ugly. Obviously you lose that advantage by committing preflop. 5 blanks later and ur out of the tournament.

Wait for a better opportunity.. the table is still full, so you will get to see a lot of hands even with the steep blinds. You can get it in LATER with a WORSE starting hand that has a BETTER CHANCE TO WIN because of the positional advantage.

I'd actually fold here, but I think it is close. And if your heart wants to call, the pot odds say its okay. Tweak a few numbers and it becomes a call for me pretty quick too.

Good example.