View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Why aren\'t you better?

Excellent thread, bones!

I still enjoy getting better every month.

- I know that I have to 100%ify my bubble play which I estimate to be at 80% only. I'm saying for weeks that I have to study more with SnGAnalyzer (or at all) but my time is limited and when I have time for poker I want to play!

- I estimate my substandard move %age at about 10%. Should be easy to get this down to 3%. But I am not actively doing something to achieve this.

- I estimate my donk move %age at 3% and it should be easy to get it down to .5% (1 donk move per any 200 hands). But I am not actively doing something to achieve this.

- I need to focus more on the tables to get reads. I am maybe more observant than most of my foes (no music, no tv while playing) but when I start 4 tables I am not watching closely the first two levels. Too many players on the screen for me. I start watching when the first 1.5 to 2 players dropped out per table.

- My biggest progress in the last 2 weeks is this: When I feel the urge to gambool on a big hand but at the same time have some lingering doubt about it - being it a read or a voice in my head - that I stop, think and try to make the best decision that I can. Before, when in doubt I just pushed or called. I feel that alone has given me a 10% ROI boost.

- The biggest distraction I have is to watch when I'm racing. It's good to note my opponents cards to see whether I made the right decision but I still tend to watch the flop, turn and river to tally my luck ratio (opponent calls my pair with a weak Ace and I watch if he gets it). That has got to stop!

So much to do, so little time...