View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:28 PM

Default CREAM Reunion Tour

I'm not one for "reunion" tours, especially when the group in question is as old as my father but this band was one of the better bands of the 60's that I always liked. Looking forward to the concert tomorrow, anyone else going to the garden tomorrow night?

for those who have never heard of these guys i would definitly take a listen to the album above called Disraeli Gears

a brief history of CREAM (via wikipedia):
Celebrated as the first of the great power trios of rock, their sound was characterised by a melange of blues and psychedelia, combining Clapton's mastery of the genre with the airy voice of Jack Bruce and, at times, manic rhythms of Ginger Baker. The drug-addled imagery and ambience of the time abounds. Cream epitomised the high energy sound of the time, anchored in a familiar blues style; from the traditional classics such as "Crossroads" and "Born Under a Bad Sign," through more eccentric imagery found in "Strange Brew" and "Tales of Brave Ulysses," and culminating in the protracted indulgences of "Spoonful" and "Toad". Their biggest hits were "Sunshine of Your Love" and "White Room."

Along with The Grateful Dead, Cream are considered the first jam band. The group improvised constantly in concert, with songs regularly surpassing the 20 minute mark. The band is also considered a pioneer of heavy metal music.