View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: Hey, Democrats! Want to win an election? Try this :

[ QUOTE ]
Being bitter wasn't part of the equasion.

[/ QUOTE ]

The theory behind an election is that every citizen has a vote and together as a whole the result of that vote dictates the actions of the electoral college. During the 2000 election tens of thousands of Florida residents were not allowed to cast their ballots. Gore lost by less then six hundred votes in the state of Florida. The twenty five electoral votes that Gore did not recieve was the reason he lost the 2000 election. The people that were not allowed to vote were mostly african americans registered as democrats. Florida contracted a private company DBT to determine which citizens were allowed to vote.

At the time, Florida was the only state that hired a private company to do this. DBT then removed over twenty thousand registered voters inside the state of Florida and illegally barred them from voting.

Now felons are not allowed to vote. DBT took a national database of felons from across the country, and compared their surnames to the registered voters within Florida, and if there was a match, that law abiding citizen who had done nothing wrong WAS BARRED FROM VOTING.
So you may be Mr. Langston FishHooks of Dade County, Florida, but there is a Mr. Sonny FishHooks of Grand County, Oklahoma, who committed a double homicide back in 88, well, he's not allowed to vote. Thanks to DBT, you wouldn't be allowed to vote either because they classified you as the same person.

Now this really happened. Most of the people that were barred were African Americans. The news here didn't talk about it and Michael Moore glossed over it in Fareinheit 9/11. The NAACP, however, sued the state of Florida over this blatent violation of the constitution and won...
Am I bitter? I am not bitter. Bush is still the president. Chaney still runs the white house. I am far from bitter...Bitter is something you label a man who doesn't trust a network newscast and doesn't believe that foxnews is "fair and balanced", bitter is what you label someone who wasn't stupid enough to believe that Bush honestly thought that there were WMD's in Iraq, or that Saddam was linked to Al Quida...Bitter is logic to you.