View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 10:50 PM

Default TT in LP vs. Chipleader BB.

$30+3 on Stars. I've been playing very tight and hadn't been involved in any hands until this orbit, except for pushing AQ into a field of limpers to win a race against 55. Blinds are 100/200 I was getting short, but then doubled up in a blind battle, where I pushed the second nuts on the river. Hand after that, I raise to 600 from the button, SB moves in for like 200 more, and I have to showdown A8 (losing to AQ).

I've still got a better than average stack for the table, with about 4500. Next hand, I get TT in the CO. I raise to 800, because I would rather not have BB and his 9600 stack in the hand with me, especially because he has shown a willingness to defend his blind. I haven't seen him do anything super-aggressive, but he usually plays out of his blind for a raise. It's unlikely I'll flop an overpair, and I feel like he could have any overcard that comes.

Hero raises to 800, button and SB fold, BB calls.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 1700 in pot. Villain checks.

Hero has 3700 left. Do you continuation bet? How much? What's your plan if Villain check-raises?

(Also, what do you think of the pre-flop raise? Would it be better to raise less, to avoid creating a pot? Or raise more, to encourage a fold or force Villain to make a larger mistake by calling?)