View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Raising with maybe the best hand, maybe a bluff

i think there is room for discussion about 3betting preflop if you think your 3bet will eliminate the limping tag, which it probably will. 3betting also goes up in value if the button tag is isolating the limper with a wide range of hands, which he probably is as well.

i think checkfolding postflop is very weak. you could easily be ahead of the button. id rather donkbet this than checkfold.

the turn raise makes sense, but calling is just better i think. the only player that might have you beat at this point is the CO (unless BT is slowplaying a Q) if he happened to openlimp with a small pair or A2s or something. hes not folding either of those hands to a raise anyway. any other hands dont have correct odds to call. point is, you cant fold better hands.

if you feel confident that the SB wont play back at you with a weaker hand then i like the raise, but just because hes been conservative against you in the past i wouldnt put it past him to make a 3bet bluff against you since he does it to other players. he might also 3bet 2X when youre drawing to 6 live outs.