View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: The Value of Confusion--KQo

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm I the line is usally take is lead, lead, lead or if I'm raised on the flop lead, turn checkraise. When I lead the flop I'm thinking that they think "That guy can't be leading out with a King, I'm calling down." Your line also is confusing too. If I was in villain's shoes I'd think "geez this guy must be leading with a midpair or something. Call down."

But this guy is a weak rock. I'd only see him calling your turn donk bet with AA QQ and such. I think you're only getting paid when he has these hands. So bet, bet, bet should extract the same value as check/call, lead, lead. Hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost always used to lead trips and similar big, obvious hands for this reason. I've found that too often my opponents simply just fold out, particularly if they're weak or passive. I generally much prefer the lead here if I think there's any chance I'll get raised, but my opponent is so passive here I think it's unlikely (on another hand he didn't three-bet the river against my river raise holding KJ on a KKQJx board).