View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Value bet on river... PLO $100- metagame considerations in effect?

I have been very LAGgy so far at this table. previously, I made a nut heart flush on the river, and after it was checked to me, I made a (reckless)pot-size bet which got (stupidly) called by the second-nuts, who obviously thought i was trying to steal the pot (i have been known to do that a bit. heh), and i pulled a $60 pot. The table let him have it:

"call without nuts?!? LMAO, fish!", and so on. (bear with me...)

and about ten hands later, a strangely simaler situation comes up:

I'd like comments on all streets...

I am on the button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

folds to MP, who raises to $3, two LP players call, I call- their stacks are all around $120-140, i have everyone in the hand covered with about $170. (how's that call, btw? good/no good?)

Pot is @$13

Flop comes out 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4

...giving me a straight draw and a K-flush draw. the MP player bet out $10, LP calls, other LP folds, I call

pot @$42 to the turn, which is an offsuit 5

MP bets $20, LP calls, and I call, too... pot is @$102

...and the river is my money card, the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and they check it to me. SO: i am in the same situation that i was just in, and they're probably thinking the same thing... and i wonder: should make a little value bet or just pot it like last time and hope for another loose call?